I recently splurged on pomegranate lemonade at the store but when I drank it, it was VERY tart which was not at all what my taste buds had anticipated. I decided I wanted to try my hand at it, so I asked my Instagram audience if they wanted a recipe for it, and the rest is history. Interested in following along and recommending recipes? Follow us on Instagram @raesbakeryblog. With the perfect mix of sweet pomegranate juice and tart lemonade, fresh pomegranate lemonade is a refreshing drink that has health benefits too! This easy-to-make drink is a fun twist on the standard lemonade recipe and is a good way to add variety!
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Pomegranate Lemonade?
This recipe features your typical lemonade ingredients with pomegranate seeds as an addition. It’s easy to make and a variation that I think will soon be one of your family’s favorite beverages in your household this summer.
*NOTE: At the grocery store, you can either buy the seeds in a cup or you can buy fresh pomegranates and seed them yourself. Either way works for this lemonade with pomegranate!
What Equipment Do I Need for Pomegranate Lemonade?
There isn’t much equipment needed to make this recipe, and you likely have this equipment in your kitchen already which is the best part! When you’re ready to make this savory treat, you’ll need only two pieces of equipment:
-a blender – use this to mix all of the ingredients up really well
-a fine mesh strainer – use this to help you catch any of the pulp and seeds that fall out of the lemon squeezer when making the lemonade and to catch the hard parts of the pomegranate seeds after blending.
How Do You Make Pomegranate Lemonade?
This healthy pomegranate lemonade recipe is made using my homemade lemonade plus a couple more ingredients. My homemade lemonade recipe is a family favorite in my house. I seriously make it every week for my boys! Simply make the homemade lemonade recipe, add in the blended pomegranate seeds, and you’ve made this perfect drink! It’s as easy as that. Check out the steps below:
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir continually for 2-3 minutes until the sugar dissolves. You’ll know the sugar has dissolved when it’s not grainy to the touch.
- After the sugar has dissolved, move the medium saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool.
- In the meantime, cut the fresh lemons and use a juicer to squeeze out the lemon juice into a measuring cup.
- Add the lemon juice, 1 cup water, and pomegranate seeds to the blender. Blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Strain the mixture into a jug or large pitcher to remove the hard parts of the pomegranate seeds. Then add the remaining water. Stir the mixture well.
- Chill before enjoying. Consider pouring over ice cubes and garnishing with a lemon slice before serving this lemonade treat.
How Long Does Pomegranate Lemonade Last?
-It will last for up to 2 weeks in the fridge if your family doesn’t drink it all up first!
Make sure to tag me @raesbakeryblog on Instagram and comment below if you make this delicious pomegranate lemonade. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the button above or below this post, or any photos above.
- This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase something off one of those links I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
Coffee and Brownies,
- 5 lemons, juiced
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 6-8 cups of water
- 1.5cup pomegranate seeds
- Combine 1 cup water and 1.5 cups sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir continually until sugar dissolves for about 2-3 minutes. You will know when sugar is dissolved when it is not grainy to the touch.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut lemons and use a juicer to squeeze out the lemon juice into a measuring cup.
- Add the lemon juice, 1 cup water, and pomegranate seeds to the blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Strain the mixture into a jug or pitcher to remove the hard parts of the pomegranate seeds, and add the remaining 4-6 cups of water. Stir well.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.